Tuesday, 5 August 2014

S.O.S Festival - Day 2 - 20/07/2014 - Radcliffe Civic, Manchester.


With a slight hangover and a mad dash to the Radcliffe Civic for the second day of S.O.S festival I just got there in time for the first band at midday, Coventry based Black Star Bullet and I'm glad I did as the pile driving riffing of set opener '8.50am' from their self titled debutBlack Star Bullet With a slight hangover and a mad dash to the Radcliffe Civic for the second day of S.O.S festival I just got there in time for the first band at midday, Coventry based Black Star Bullet and I'm glad I did as the pile driving riffing of set opener '8.50am' from their self titled debut album hit the sizeable crowd. The distinctive gravel throated vocal of Trev Goddard came over like a cross between Alice Cooper and Blackie Lawless, easily one of the best voices I'd heard all weekend. Second number 'In My Blood' was all full throttle Airbourne  dual guitar assault. The huge main riff was backed by chiming chords with a memorable chorus of "It's in my blood, it's in my face, it's in my head". 'This Is Rock And Roll' and  'Take It Back', also from the album were also chock full of room filling riffs but set highlight for me was 'Hate', a twin vocal delivered slice of commercial rock with plenty of bite to get the front row nodding their heads. Another bunch of heavy riffers were next up. Leicester based trio Skam opened up with the earth moving Kyuss like bass [...]

Continue reading S.O.S Festival - Day 2 - 20/07/2014 - Radcliffe Civic, Manchester..

No comments:

Post a Comment